The Repair & Paint process - How it’s done...
- To begin with, if needed, we strip off the trims/panels and any badges in and around the damaged area.
- Using high specification tools we massage the damaged metal back into shape and if needed make use of a light skim of body filler to smooth out any imperfections.
- Primer Stage sees a coat of etch primer applied to the prepared metal along with 2-3 coats of high-build primer, before being rubbed down and ‘made-ready’ for paint application.
- (If new parts are needed, these are sourced and prepared in the same way)
- With the vehicle masked again, we then apply 2-3 coats of colour and 2 coats of the best quality medium or high solid lacquer
- (Remember, we have already established the correct colour via our colour-matching database, taken from manufacturers paint code or colour matching via bespoke mixing service to produce an exact match).
- The paint is then fully cured in the spray booth oven where the vehicle (or panel) is baked at 60 degrees centigrade, or via our infrared curing system.
- We then machine polish with high quality tools to achieve the very best results and depth of shine ready for the final process.
- Finally, we clean, polish and vacuum the vehicle; making it ready for collection or delivery
We understand our customers cannot be without their vehicles for long. Which is why C A Body Repairs in Colchester provide a fast, efficient and quality service to get you back on the road with as little inconvenience as possible, providing collection and delivery as a standard service policy. More
In order to deliver exceptional results, our fully qualified paint technicians operate a fully equipped workshop, spraybooth, oven and (IWATA) infrared paint curing systems, using Pro Spray© Colchester professional paints. More
We operate a commercial car policy here at C A Body Repairs, Colchester and already have a sound trade account base across Essex and Suffolk, to which we provide an excellent service. More